8.08.2003

Deadpan delivery of the week...

Before the gig Kow had, the Barber and I went to Booster Juice to get some beverages.

Barber's deciding what to get. He picks his drink, and the Juice guy asks Barber what kind of booster he wants put in it.

Barber's looking at the choices, and I murmur, "Get the energy booster. You'll probably be needing something to wake you up."

He agrees.

The juice guy asks if Barber's allergic to bee pollen, since it's a main ingredient of the energy boost.

"No," says Barber.

The juice guy turns to me.

"What would you like?"

"I'd like the Very Berry, please. And I'd like an energy boost put in as well, thanks."

"Are you allergic to bee pollen?"

I look him directly in the eye, no emotion showing on my face.

[AND NOW WE TAKE YOU TO A COMMERCIAL BREAK BEFORE THE RESOLUTION OF THIS STORY.]

Here are a few words from the author of this website:

"After I have a huge sneezing fit while typing at two in the morning, I immediately reach for my KLEENEX WITH MENTHOL(tm)! It's like an enema for my nose! One inhalation and my congestion is a lot more clean than with regular tissues! Thanks, Kimberly-Clark!"

[AND NOW THE RESOLUTION OF THIS ANECDOTE.]

"Are you allergic to bee pollen?"

I look him directly in the eye, no emotion showing on my face whatsoever.

"Horribly."

He starts laughing.

"But you warned me, so you're off the hook," I end.

Listening obsessively to: My Love Is Like (Wo) - Mya; Double Team - Tenacious D, and to an extent, Rock Your Body - (sigh) Justin Timberlake.

Wanting to read: Hellblazer story arc by Brian Azzarello (but still on the Robert Jordan book)

No comments: