6.18.2003

After the move...

Well, I've made the move to Kingsway. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it wasn't this...

Keep in mind that Kingsway's supposed to be a flagship store. It has products that other stores can only lust after...It's a store that does almost 1.5 million dollars in sales per year.

So why does Bonnie Doon look so much more organized?

I was worried about rampant shoplifting at Bonnie Doon. heh. During a sotware count today, my manager told me that we found 100 (one hundred!) software boxes taken from the store. Not discs stolen from the boxes. The entire. Fucking. Software box.

Needless to say, I'm not sure what's been happening at Kingsway, but employees paying attention is NOT one of those things...

Other things I forgot I hated at Kingsway:

- International Stereo in the space beside us. I can't go into how much I hate feeling the walls vibrate and product fall off the floor for half an hour while they're testing their subwoofers. Maybe I should calmly walk in, and shove my size 13 work boot through a widescreen TV or two.

- Emmanuel. The guy I loathe working with. So rude to customers, lazy as well, because of a back problem, yet he can make $300 an hour...

I swear, it's like people plead for him to offend them. A conversation I heard yesterday afternoon:

(Phone rings)

EMMANUEL: RadioShack. Emmanuel speaking.

CALLER: (and I can tell this is what they're saying, because it's what they always say...) Is this RadioShack?

EMMANUEL: What did I just say to you?

Eurgh. Every time I hear him speak to customers, I can't help but cringe. And every time he talks to me, I snap back at him.

EMMANUEL: What are you doing?

ME: What does it look like? I'm trying to open a watch to change the battery.

EMMANUEL: Just tell her we don't have the tools. You don't have to do that.

ME: I want to do it. I'm being helpful.

I don't know. He just completely rubs me the wrong way.

And three days in, Kiel and I have to arrange something else for names. And, since he was there first, I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and go by Jago.

So, for right now, Kingsway's nowhere close to being home for me...It'll take some time, that's for sure...

Listening to: Good Weird Feeling - The Odds; Miss Jackson - VinesReading: Pure Dynamite: The Price You Pay for Wrestling Stardom by Tom Billington; Planetary by Warren Ellis

No comments: