Should my voice really be an octave lower than normal?

I guess that's because of the Pay per View last night. Man, what a kickass birthday gift my parents got me when they gave me money for a ticket.

So I had SUCH a fun time yesterday.

It started with my brother Braden and his friend arriving from Saskatchewan at 7 am. They'd been driving since about 2 am from Saskatoon, so I gave then blankets and sleeping bags and went back to bed.

Hung out with Dev and MFJ to go to the Comics Fair, a place to buy a whole lotta comics and comic-related items. Picked up a cheap copy of Bone Vol. 1 to replace the one that's disappeared on me.

Oh, and I also bought this.

After that, Dev and I went to watch Hellboy with Canton and Vicki.

Pretty darn good movie, with Ron Perlman nailing the character down.

After that, I had to rush back home to get ready for the pay-per-view.

The previous night, I went to the house to put some laundry in for the show, but forgot it at 2 am when I left.

So the plan was, I'd get to my place, get Brade and his friends, get my laundry from the house, and drive to Commonwealth Stadium Skyreach Centre Rexall Place. I had given Brade my keys earlier so he could get into the house if he left.

So after running from the bus and LRT, I came upon my apartment, with no brother’s car in the parking stall. Which meant I couldn’t get in to call him. And the only place his number was at was on my phone’s call display.

I ran to the house, and phoned my parents, asking for Brade’s cell phone number. Dad said he’d call, since it was a local call for them.

I get a call from Braden. He’s already at the Coliseum with his friends. So I had to bus hop and train it to the north side.

I wasn’t too happy with my brother. Bad planning and not listening on his part, since I explained my instructions before I left. It included me being able to enter my apartment.

In any case, I got to the wrestling show on time. And what a show it was!

There were some loser matches (Tajiri vs. a non-wrestler, a meaningless tag team title match), but the big matches made up for it in spades.

Shelton Benjamin, a great rookie, faced off against Ric Flair, one of the true legends in wrestling. Although Flair was supposed to be playing the bad guy, there was so much support for Flair. So many “Whooo!”s were heard, although Benjamin was cheered for the win.

Chris Jericho, my favourite wrestler of all time, won against Trish Stratus, the woman I will marry, and Christian. Pretty fun match, and I was cherring so much my throat went hoarse.

But then came the Mick Foley/Randy Orton “No Holds Barred” match. These two went at it like there was no tomorrow. Barbed wire bats, garbage cans, etc. The kind of stuff you’d tend to see in a Mick Foley match. Until he brought out the gasoline to try to set the barbed wire 2x4 in a blaze.

At that point, the General Manager Eric Bischoff came out to tell Foley if he lit that 2x4, the fire marshall would close the event down.

So Foley brought out a twin bed-sized slab of lumber just covered in barbed wire. At which point I knew I was watching what had to be the most hardcore match ever done on WWE programming. This would be something special.

There were tacks in the ring, the wood slab used many a time, a fall from the entrance area about ten feet by Orton, and a running flying elbow right afterwards by Foley.

Orton ended up winning the match by giving Foley the RKO (Orton’s finishing move) onto the barbed wire bat.

It was amazing. Gibbel and I started “Holy Shit” chants, “ECW” chants and we were just loving it. Gibble told me, “This match alone is worth the $100 ticket. We’re seeing this live!”

And then came the main event, with Chris Benoit, the hometown boy, defending the World Title against Shawn Michaels and Triple H. The crowd was blowing the roof off the place, screaming, yelling, bellowing chants.

“Let’s Go, Benoit,” “You Screwed Bret” (a piece of wrestling history involving Bret Hart’s last match in the WWE. . We were yelling our heads off.

Of course, Benoit retained his title by making Michaels tap to the Sharpshooter. (See the Bret Hart link)

So, it was definitely a day I enjoyed.

* * *

I have been asked by Canton and Axler if I want to move back to the house, since Dev'll be moving out once his grad school starts.

On the one hand, I'm getting used to the whole "living on my own" deal. It's nice to be able to just hang out, and be myself.

On the other hand, I sometimes get lonely living by myself. Especially if I haven't seen friends in a while.

Then there's the rent. A drop of $160 is a very good thing.

I've still got some time to decide. I'm pretty torn, currently...

* * *

I've been watching a lot of movies lately. That and cooking at the house for some good meals.

On Easter, Dev invited me over for dinner, since neither of us had family commitments that night. (Dev's was on Monday, and my family lives far enough away that I can't reach the dinners by transit. When Grandpa was still alive, it was a different story...)

Dev made pasta, and I was in charge of the salad and garlic bread. A veritable feast shared by the two of us and Canton.

We then saw the Rundown, which redeemed the Rock's current movie, Walking Tall, in my eyes.

Just a balls-out action movie if ever there was one. And the Ernie Reyes fight? Wow.

On Friday, D! and I were to see Kill Bill Vol. 2 with Marauder (now the BAY Marauder. Whoo!).

Now that was a satisfying end to the first one. Although it took a completely different way of getting there than I would have thought...

* * *

Getting ready for my last choir tour. But first of all, I have to do inventory at my store the night prior, so my new manager, Stock, is ready.

Oh, joy.

In any case, tour should be fun, if completely exhausting. I LOVE going to work the day after a week of constant singing and not enough rest.

And having to deal with a new manager that I'm not really compatible with.

Yup. Everything's coming up Jago.

No comments: