12.22.2006

Burnt out

So my store is making record sales this year. L doesn't think we've ever done $30k in sales in one day before and this month, we've done it twice.

So that's good.

Unfortunately, we're doing it while being at least two people understaffed.

That's bad.

I'm pulling more than 52 hours a week at the store. One day off a week. And the other days? Well, there's at least one twelve-hour shift in there. Today I left the store at 11 pm.

I almost had a breakdown while closing tonight. And I'm not exaggerating here. I was counting the $11,000 in cash we made, and my thumb started becoming numb at the hundredth twenty-dollar bill. And I started chuckling because my thumb was cramping up from counting past one hundred bills. It was too funny, and it was all I could do to keep from breaking down crying because I'm so fucking burnt out now, it's pathetic.

My family will be hitting Calgary after Christmas. So there'll be a belated Christmas for the Dokken side of the family, and the first time I'll be able to see Dad since he got his new kidney. And I'm not sure if I'll be able to go after all. Because I don't think I'll be able to get the two days off I'd like. I don't think I'll be able to get two days off period. And one day to drive to Calgary, visit the family, exchange gifts and drive back the same day? No fucking way.

I need to sleep. Or try to keep my mind off of it by playing some sweet, sweet Zelda. Just needed to rant.

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

I hope you get some downtime soon.
Play extra Zelda for me!